Barclays Cash Card Account is a type of one of the basic bank account which may be available to you only if you have any bankruptcy order against you. This account type is also suitable for people who always want to keep control on their money through a new bank account. If you want to apply for this type of account, you need to visit the nearest Barclays branch along with your ID and address proof along with some other required documents that you need to submit while creating Barclays Cash Card Account, to use the all feature of this account.
Barclays Cash Card Account Information
Barclays Cash Card Account is a basic account provided by Barclays Bank that offers free and no-frills banking for customers who are able or capable to open a regular current account. Along with this Barclays bank account you can get different things among which some are listed below.
- Choose among the two different ATM cards Barclays Visa debit card or the cash card.
- Make easy payments through your Cash Card Account by Direct Debit or by standing order.
- You can withdraw cash up to £300 everyday from any Barclays ATMs or from the Post Offices.
- Easy to manage your account from by phone or directly from any branch.
- Manage your account easily by logging into Barclays Online Banking or by Mobile Banking.
- Get a Text Alerts about all your account activities on your mobile for free.
- Get regular bank statements updates and keep track of your money.
The following mentioned services are not available on this account
- No overdraft feature, so you need to be sure that your account is in credit before making any payments.
- You will not get a cheque book.
Barclays Cash Card Account Charges and Rates
The applicable charges and rates for the Barclays Cash Card Account are mentioned below. These charges and rates may vary from time to time.
Day-to-day banking charges
- Payments made into your account are Free
- Cash Card can be issued for free
- It’s free if you are Paying by standing order or by direct debit.
- Text Alerts charges are Free
- Cash withdrawals which are made from any of UK cash machines or counters at Barclays or from Post Offices are for free.
- Issue bank statements for Free
Debit card charges
- Purchase of a debit card is Free
- If you use your debit card in UK other than Barclays Branch or ATMs is 2% charge (which costs around £1.50 to £4.50)
Other account services charges
- The cost of Barclays Direct Presentation Service is £20
- Transfer of money within same day inside UK using CHAPS is £25
- The cost of Banker’s draft is £15
- Copy statement cost per request or per account is £5
Documents you need to apply for Barclays Cash Card Account
You need to provide the proof of who you are and where do you live, by providing the 2 original documents from the list below.
To confirm who you are, we need any one of the following documents
- Current passport.
- Latest Identity card of European Union member state.
- Latest driving license (photo card) of UK or full paper driving license of UK.
- Benefit books or the entitlement letters which includes Child Benefit, pension, income support, Jobseeker’s Allowance and pension.
To confirm where you live, we need any one of the following documents
- Latest UK photocard driving licence or full paper driving licence with your current address (if not used as identification)
- Gas bill or water bill or fixed line telephone bill of at least 3 months old)
- Tax bill of local authority council or Current Council rent book.
- Bank statement not less than 3 months old from another bank.
- Mortgage statement which are not less than 12 months old.
- Current tax year HM Revenue and Customs notice of tax coding.
You can’t use the same documents twice if you are applying for joint accounts.